Sunday, December 23, 2007

Update! Happy holidays!

Hey everyone. It's getting rather close to Christmas (Happy holidays!) and I'd like to share some good news all around.
Firstly, I'm going to be participating on this year's December 24th Rpg maker network's 'Release Something' day, meaning you WILL see a Hero I (Hero the first) Battle demo tomorrow!

Secondly, progress is speeding up and the game is starting to begin. I've been mainly focusing on the DBS and the game's Intro, but I'm doing a lot better nowadays.

Lastly, some new screenshots for your enjoyment; as well as to see what's up.
This screen shows a sneak-peak of the choosable third character, Ewan. In the game, I've decided to make it choosable (as well as customizable) to have other characters travel along side you. In total, there will be a possible 5-7 choices for your third and fourth party members. Throughout the story your heroes will develop bonds, and you'll unlock different endings because of such bonds. For example, by choosing Ewan and ??? (hidden for now) you will unlock ONE of their endings depending on the bonds (formed from in-game choices made) However, there is a loop-hole. If you have an equal bond with those characters, you will get both endings.

In this screen, you'll see that I have actually changed my mind about Ephren. Although he will be a powerhouse, he will *STILL* have the option of going into a defense stance, but however this option is custom and accesible only inside the [Tech] subset. I've also decided to have EVERY character in the game have their own special ability, such as Ephren's Steal, Match's Scan, and now Ewan's Draw. (learns a move from the foe, if there is one.) Ewan is a staff weilding traveller who you can meet anytime during the plot (unless you already have chosen/recieved your third and fourth characters.)

In today's final screen, I'm showing a battle that takes place in the beginning of the game, starring Young Ephren. Although he's younger, he still can pack a punch. However, let's see if he'll meet his match. You'll notice I've started working on using other backdrops (this because it relates to the place of battle) but anyway, you won't see that same castle backdrop any longer.
For now I bid you farewell, but I'll be back tomorrow to put up the link for the battle demo simulation. Bye bye!
~Stedar

No comments: