Saturday, January 19, 2008

[Battle system changes]

Hey! It's time for another update. I know I said I wouldn't be working on the Enhanced DBS, but well, as the town of Augren comes to a close, I did. This whole time I felt that making Ewan a Wind user was a bad choice... so now he is an Earth user, and a character I am now revealing (but not showing yet!) his older brother Edward will use Wind. I also felt that Ewan's sprite and special ability needed work. I revamped his sprite, and changed his special ability. Instead of 'Drawing' a skill from an enemy that you keep permanently, Ewan will be able to use randomized 'Terrain' magic when his ability selected. This ability however makes him very cheap, because he's capable of killing all enemies on the field under 200-300 health at one shot. To fix this, Demo version 0.2 will have a side effect to his special that will make it a bit more fair. The side effect is that all your allies (save for Ewan himself) are damaged a medium amount from the attack too, around 60-100 damage. I've decided not to add the side effect into the upcoming first demo because I wanted to make it easier and more fun killing waves and swarms of monsters.
(Phew) Now, for the long awaited screenshot part: Ewan has just sucessfully used Terrain magic and on a random roll of 1-7, he got the Earth terrain damage, killing the enemy rabbits.

-Oh! On a last note, I've decided that each character have a special 'Costume' that truly represents their class. These 'Costumes' will be available anytime during the story mode, from doing all of that character's specific sidequests/quests.

Finally, I've ultimately decided for the Demo version 0.1 to have 2-3 towns, so I will be doing a lot more town/quest work. There will also be a free roaming type of thing, for the north area of Larcia. (So, Selene forest, the Monastary, the Lake house, Abandoned Temple and Small ranch will be accessible and explorable.) This does not mean every area will be complete, just... a tidbit of a place to explore and check out...

Farewell for now, thanks for reading,
~Stedar



No comments: