Saturday, September 20, 2008

[UPDATE : Cyria Edition]

Welcome back. The site has undergone some cool changes. Firstly, I tried playing around with some other templates and colors but frankly, they were not what I wanted. The template and colors I use at the moment aren't perfect (in fact they're almost the farthest thing from it) but will have to suffice for now. Secondly, I added a HIT COUNTER so now I can finally see how many hits I have. (Why Blogger doesn't do this automatically is beyond me) And lastly, I've added a new Header- I miss the older one but hell, a screenshot is so much cooler.

Back to the game.
I haven't gotten much done lately but what I have done was fix a few things, map a bit, and do some cosmetic changes. I started work on Cyria; the Third (of four) towns in the demo and by far the largest town/area I have EVER made. When it's finished it will almost be a bit ridiculous- but players looking to jump right to the castle will only have to walk north.
It's time for screenshots. No in-game ones yet, however.

Here's a WIP; Work in progress shot from inside RPG Maker 2003. This is only the lower half of town, and trust me, it's going to look a lot better upon completion.

This is a screenshot of the event layer. As you can see I've started to add the citizens and some long waiting lines already. *Sigh* I think it needs some more work but my work ethic at the moment is terrible. I really want to finish this first demo and release it to the community- I think the second demo of E1 and then the demo for E2 will be a lot easier once I do actually try to work hard and finish it.

Thanks for stopping by and reading all my ranting,
~Stedar

No comments: